Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pioneer Trek




Becca, Mel and I just returned from a Mormon Pioneer Trek...it was 30+ miles across the hot Wyoming plains. It was hard but we learned a lot about the sacrifices that the pioneers made for us...Melanie also learned that Seagulls have pretty good aim!


Crossing the river...very muddy but the cool water felt so good
Along the trail were grave-markers...helping us to remember those who didn't make it to the valley
I was an "adult trekker" which means I didn't have a family...these other two ladies were also adult trekkers, so we became our own little family helping each other to get through the days and especially setting up camp and dinner each night.
Mel's Pa helped her cross the river...so nice
The is Rebecca and her family...they were great. Becca says she had "the best Ma and Pa"
I took a picture here because this was a rare site...usually we were very spread out
Mel and her family--which were all very young--on the first day. Notice how clean they all were.

2 comments:

Kris and Katie said...

cooooooooooooooooool! looks like lots of fun!

Betsy said...

Cooooolllll!! Doesn't look fun!