Thursday, July 16, 2009

Recent rides

Isn't it good to have friends? Isn't it good to have friends with horse trailers? ha ha...since I had to sell my horse trailer, I've had to depend on friends to go in the mountains. Well, I've realized two things: one; I really miss my trailer and two; I have some good friends. Last week my friend Lena took Laura and I up and then today Ammon's friend Colton took Ammon and I up. This was Ammon's very first horsey ride...he did well. I was a bit nervous 'cause Rocket (Laura's horse) doesn't like men, but she gave Ammon a nice ride. Thanks Colton and Lena--nothing like getting up in the mountains on a horse to help clear your mind of worries.
Laura's turn to get the gate.
Lena brought along her three year old Quinn...he is riding Sugar, a 35 (yes I said 35) year old pony. They both did well. Colton...just an all around good kid. Like I said, having good friend is super...but even better: your kids having good friends!a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhSx1F3-cXY8KS_o3oxIhEbmgRqhc9zT-1lenLkgc1gx2TQ4zUH15HRc5a_Z8-QefmkZJJTeIeO9BhjdOf3iAyHBYFRbFd_0wmGgSnGdSZPH9cvu1gYli30zSJ1aNmkqJOSWkdumqPxknk/s1600-h/ride+020.jpg">
Calling it a day.



3 comments:

Kris and Katie said...

Quinn went with you guys?! That is SO cute! You're gonna have to take the baby for rides too! I'm glad you survived with Ammon & Colton! LOVE YOU MOM!

This Idaho Girl said...

Jan, I have to stop by every once and a while to check on your kids. I taught Ammon and coached your two girls in track and I have to say, you have the BEST kids. I haven't seen Ammon since 8th grade, but I hear he's gotten very tall. I'm glad to see that he's hanging around Colton, another one of my favorites. Tell your kids hi from Mrs. B.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Do you guys want a couple more horses?