Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Month of August

Sorry I've been such a blogslacker! We've been a bit busy. The post will explain itself but on top of all we've done this month we've also been getting ready for school...getting Laura ready to head to BYU Provo and getting me ready to start at ISU. Jesse has been here for the month before he heads to UC Davis in Sacramento and Katie and Kris have been preparing for our new baby due to arrive in early September...August started out wonderfully with two of the most wonderful people in the world coming to viist...Grayce and Paul Dean from Maui were in Kaysville UT so the kids and I took a road trip to see them. They are like our grandma and grandpa when we lived on Maui...so good to see them, and get a Grayce hug!
Jesse took us all up to North Dakota to visit my family. It is always so good to 'go home'. Such a beautiful place full of beautiful people...


Its been a year since we lost my brother in law...to commemorate the day his boys and my sister had everyone out to their motorcross track that Orin built and loved so much...it was a good day. We sure miss you Orin.


You can't go visit my family without going to Darren's lake cabin, chasing Grandma's chickens, peacocks or ginny hens and most especially you gotta ride something with a motor and wheels...




Ammon and his friend Colton have ventured into the cattle business. Heck they might as well. They both work for a dairyman milking, moving pipe and whatever else needs done. They are both proud owners of a holstein bull--soon to be steer.
Ammon got his Eagle Scout badge...it was a memorable night...I'm so proud of both of my Eagles and my Eagle-in-law!

The girls and I had a baby shower for Katie the end of the month. Of course we played silly games and had food...I'm so excited to be a grandma!

2 comments:

Kris and Katie said...

i look so goofy in both of these pictures! haha...thanks for the baby shower mom!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of Katie! LOVE IT!!